Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Makeup Routine | The Basics

I get so many questions on a daily basis as to what makeup I use so I was inspired to write a post about my day to day routine. It's no secret that I love makeup, I have an entire train case full of the stuff and a drawer full of lipsticks (my all time favorite products). Makeup is a collectors item and I have been collecting these products for years and years, that's why I have so much of it to play with.

In place of my February Style Tips, I am going to be giving you an inside look into my routine and the basic products I use on a day-to-day basis.





The Basics:




MAC Prep and Prime Natural Radiance: Yellow: I have tried a few primers and haven't like any as much as I like this one. It creates a great base for any foundation or BB Cream. I use a MAC 159 brush to apply this all over my face.

Bobbi Brown BB Cream: Next I apply my BB Cream from Bobbi Brown. This product erases any blemishes, keeps skin hydrated, and evens the tone of your skin flawlessly. I would highly recommend investing in this product. Depending on how much time I have, I will apply this with my hands or the same MAC 159 brush used above.

MAC Pro Longwear Concealer: Finding the perfect concealer is an annoying game. You want one that conceals and stays on all day without settling into weird places under your eyes. This concealer is my favorite and I have tried quite a few. It stays on all day and covers like a dream, and a little goes a long way with this stuff so you will have it for a while. I apply this with a concealer brush from Bare Escentuals in a triangle under my eyes and on and place on my face that needs a little extra coverage.


Urban Decay Primer Potion: If you haven't heard about this eye primer, you must be living under a rock. It's absolutely amazing. Applied all over the lid it keeps eyeshadow from creasing or fading away.



Rimmel Stay Matte Powder: To finish my face, I apply this powder in circular motions with a MAC 187 brush all over my face to give it a matte finish.

Make Up Forever HD Microfinish Powder: Another fan favorite all across the board, I apply this after all of my makeup is applied with a Bare Escentuals Full Flawless Face brush. It gives the skin an airbrushed finish and eliminates fine lines and pores for smooth skin. I will interchange this power with the Rimmel Stay Matte or use them both depending on the day and what's going on.


Lancome Star Bronzer in Sun Kiss:  My hairstylist's sister works at the Lancome counter at the mall and she always helps me find the best products and matches for my skin. Bronzer is something you will want a professional to match for you so you find one that looks natural. I use bronzer mainly to contour the hollows of my cheeks and the edges of my forehead using a MAC 116 brush.

Blush Subtl in Sheer Amourose: I sweep this blush lightly over the apples of my cheeks with a Sephora Angled Blush Brush. I don't like a lot of blush so this color is perfect for me because it isn't too overwhelming once you put it on.


That about does it for the basics! What are your favorite brands and products to work with? Let me hear your thoughts in the comments below.

*If you are unfamiliar with foundations and concealers, make sure to be matched by a professional or take someone with you to give you a second opinion*

No comments:

Post a Comment