Tuesday, February 17, 2015

NYFW | Day 4

Only one day to finish recapping and then I'm all caught up on fashion week! I feel like I'm cramming for an exam with how much I have processed in the past few days….






Victoria Beckham


I am always so excited for Beckham's show because she is my #1 style crush. Exploring new styles of dresses, the fashion icon regained some of the ground she lost with her military inspired collection for spring after realizing the people want dresses. The opening number featured a deep v neck and large button details to show the newer twist she is taking with her dresses. The outerwear was just as striking as the other clothing in the line, sculpted to perfection and ready to guard you from the cold.

Public School



Whenever I see this brands name, I always think back to my grade school days when getting dressed was easier. This season, Public School explored the sport and leisure trend that has been in fire lately in the industry. They mixed pieces like anoraks with pleated skirts and bomber jackets with culottes to give the sportswear a little more of a luxurious feel.

DKNY



The show's notes referred to the theme of the show as "the New York Uniform", which only seems appropriate for the designer. The collection was very heavy in menswear inspiration and minimalism, which I loved. The pieces were made a little more feminine with rhinestones and sequins that added details in many different ways, like a sleeve on a jacket or a pocket. The pieces in this collection are very versatile for effortlessly layering and transition from day to night, which is something more and more customers are looking for in their clothing.

Edun



For this brand Africa is not only their manufacturing center but also a center of inspiration for the fall line. The tailoring was completely European but the tapestries and rope details were where the African roots came into play. Some of the pieces looked unfinished with frayed edges or inside out detailing. The leather and suede jewel toned pieces were standouts for me in culottes, pants, color blocked dresses, and thigh high boots.

No comments:

Post a Comment