Monday, February 16, 2015

NYFW | Day 3

Almost there! Although I am so tired of this winter weather, looking at all of these new styles is making me so excited for fall. But I am ready for the warm weather...






Tibi



Not only were the colors of Tibi's new line relaxed and comforting, the fabrics and textures used with them gave off the same vibes. There were patches on shearling coats and jackets and mohair sweaters paired with boucle culottes and color blocked bottoms in luscious fabrics like suede. This collection is perfect for those who don't like to fuss too much with what they are wearing because the pieces are made to mix and match.

Mara Hoffman




"A long time ago in a galaxy far far away…" sound familiar to anyone? It does for Hoffman as Star Wars was one of her inspirations for the new fall line. Instead of playing with futuristic fabrics and shiny metallics, Hoffman opted for more organic fabrics like cotton and heavy embroidery inspired by the towns in the desert. The jumpsuits were some of my favorite pieces in the collection as well as all the outerwear because if you know me, you know I love a good jacket. I'm sure Princess Leia would approve.

Alexander Wang




Black. That's all Alexander Wang used in his fall line and I can not say that I'm mad about it one bit. He knows how much customers love the color and decided to take that a run by making the entire collection in the dark shade. He gave the clothing texture and dimension through hardwares and different fabrics while looking to the subcultures where black is a staple to complete the looks. While many people are raving over the body con chain dress, my favorite piece was the studded cable knit sweater. I think all black was very bold move but if anyone could pull it off, it would be Wang.

Banana Republic



To say that I am obsessed with this line is an understatement. I have gone through the pictures so many times I think I've memorized all the looks and it was so hard to pick my three favorites for this post. So I picked four. This was the first time the brand had presented at fashion week and I have to say I am impressed. Layering was a main focus of the fall line with lots of turtlenecks and blazers on blazers. These pieces are perfect for going from work to a night out on the town and I can't wait to get my hands on them.


No comments:

Post a Comment