Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Style Idol | Rachel Green

Now that F.R.I.E.N.D.S. is on Netflix, it has been one of the most talked about topics on my news feed. I've been watching the show for years (I owned all the seasons on DVD before it was Netflix-ed)  and I love that people are finally recognizing the genius of the show. All of the buzz inspired me to dedicate this Style Idol, that I haven't done since I gushed over Ariana Grande in July, post to none other than icon Rachel Green. Rachel's style was every girls dream and inspiration in the 90s. Even her hair became a huge trend.  Everyone wanted "The Rachel", well except for my mom, she wanted "The Monica". Keep reading for my favorite looks from the iconic show.










I think that everyone can agree there is nothing better than wearing a nice big sweatshirt to bed and Rachel has those same feelings. She would wear this closet favorite when longing around the apartment but still looking on the top of her game. This is basically my wardrobe when I come back from class for the day and trust me there is nothing better. The plaid leggings, oversized cardigan, and white sneaks is one of my favorite looks from the show and are completely back on trend right now which makes it all the better.



These are some of my favorite outfits from the earlier seasons for the following reasons:

  • The turtle neck and plaid skirt is something that I have worn many times. It's a classic combination that has been come back in modern fashion to be more updated and sophisticated with the length of the skirt varying as well as the sleeve length of the turtle neck.
  • Overalls. A cult classic of the 90s. Anyone who reads my blog or knows me well knows that I love mine to death. In the summer I wear them more than I should. Rachel wore quiet a few different styles in the show but this one will remain a fav because of the jacket addition and white kicks.
  • I don't know why I love this USA tee outfit so much, but when I was looking for pictures I fell in love. I think it stems from my love of mixing graphics with a classic bottom like dressy shorts and tights or a skirt. 
  • Although it's hard to see, this is a crop top and high waisted jean dream of an outfit. I could not be more obsessed with both of those items, let alone wearing them together. It's a perfect combination and something that it dominating my style and closet. And the top is a little more loose and boxy, which is right up my alley.




Once Rachel started working at Bloomingdales and Ralph Lauren her style got a lot more professional. These looks are in my opinion some of the best from the ending seasons. Although some don't think that the green ensemble is one for the best dressed list, I love the combination as it's very timeless, but I would wear it in a different color because green is not always the best for me. Her outfits were very basic and minimal, with leather, skirts of all kinds, blouses, and basic tees and jeans taking over her wardrobe (sounds a lot like mine).





And let's not forget this lovely pink fur jacket combo of the spoiled Rachel times. I kind of like it but if you changed the jacket to a more neutral color the whole outfit would be more my speed.





Being a 90s babe, I completely identify with Rachel's style on the show. Love Rachel's style too? Longtime fan of F.R.I.E.N.D.S. or just jumping on the wagon? More of a Monica and Phoebe person? I want to hear you opinions in the comments below!






No comments:

Post a Comment