Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Style Tips | December

I can't believe that this year is almost over! It seems like I just moved back to school and now I am getting ready to go home at the end of the week for break. I am very excited though because Christmas is my favorite time of year to be with family and friends. I will be posting some style tips later in the month for those holiday party occasions but for right now, check out what I am wearing on a day to day basis this month.









Ever want to just leave your home with your blanket wrapped around you? Well now you (kind of) can with blanket scarves. These scarves are great for bundling up in the frigid cold or for those rare warm days you can just drape it over your jacket for a soft detail while you run around from class to class or errands in the city. And did I mention they are insanely warm?


Turtlenecks are my go to layering piece in the winter. I never used to be a fan of the constriction around my neck but in past years I have become obsessed with them. The can be completely casual and simple with jeans or overalls or dressed up with a skirt. Whether it's just a plain tee or a sweater, this style is a winter closet staple.



When I was little, one of my favorite items of clothing I had for my American Girl Doll was a green plaid cape and now that love has transferred to my real life closet. With so many different styles and ways to wear them, theres no reason there shouldn't be one in your closet. Belting the more blanket-like cape in the front is a favorite way of mine to wear the trend as well as layering a basic turtle neck under one of the more coat-like style. That way, whether you are out with friends for the night or just at dinner with the family, your cape can become a part of your outfit and not just something to take off upon arriving.




I could not decide between culottes and midi skirts for this last one so I decided to combine them together. These two styles have been on my radar quiet frequently this season and I'm not mad about it. I recently got a really cool vintage pair of culottes that I am so excited to wear to work and over the holidays at parties. Dressed up or down, these can be styled with so many different articles of clothing dressed you can never really go wrong. For me, I like to pair them with a cropped sweater or top to play off of the high waist with booties or my converse sneaks.



What are your must haves for the end of the year? Let me hear your thoughts in the comments below.



No comments:

Post a Comment