Friday, October 10, 2014

Style Tips | October

This is the beginning of my favorite time of year. October means fall is here, Halloween is near (that rhymed) and we are even closer to my birthday (YAY) and Christmas! And of course, the fabulous season that is fall brings the best time for fashion to the forefront. I love when the weather gets cool because that means sweaters can come back out to play and who doesn't love that? Keep reading for more of my favorites for this spooky month.




Booties



I love my riding boots more then anything and recently I have been obsessed with booties. While riding and over the knee are great styles to own, these mini versions offer so much versatility. They compliment my dress-sweater combos and skinny jeans so nicely and give the perfect finishing touch. Not to mention they make outfits look so much more put together and chic.

Double Denim


I have to admit, I was skeptical about this trend going in. I have never been a big fan of denim on denim but I tried it one day and loved it. The key to perfecting this pairing is to make sure the two shades are different so you don't end up looking like Britney and Justin on the VMA red carpet. My favorite way to wear this it with my overalls with a statement necklace to top it off.

Tartan and Plaid
































If you don't like tartan and plaid then I feel bad for you. I wait all summer for the time when I can wear my wool tartan skirt and now that it's time I am so excited. And my aunt just gave me a midi wool tartan skirt that she made when she was younger and naturally I got even more excited to add it to my fall wardrobe. This pattern is such a great staple for fall and you can't go wrong no matter how you wear it. For more on how to style one of my favorite prints, check out my latest Her Campus article here.

Outwear



Does it come as a surprise to anyone that I also have an obsession with jackets? Fall is the best time for jackets because you don't have to worry about breaking out the parkas yet, although here in Ohio you never know. With trench coats and moto, jean, and utility jackets, there are so many choices when it comes to finishing off your look before walking out the door.


Beanies



Saved the best for last. If you know me then you know I LOVE beanies more then any other accessory and I don't know why. Besides the obvious that they keep you warm and can hide a bad hair day, I think my love stems from how good they look when you put them on, it's like the icing on the cake. I have so many they take up an entire row in my over the door shoe rack (storing things is hard in college). From solid colors to bejeweled to cute little sayings, there are so many options it makes it so easy to find the perfect one for your style.

No comments:

Post a Comment