Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Style Tips | September

As I begin to write this I come to the realization that I totally forgot to do my August Style Tips. The end of summer was so crazy that I’m surprised I even got posts up at all! It feels so strange to write September on here because I feel like summer just started yesterday and yet here we are. But this is the transition into my favorite time of year and not to mention one of the hardest months to dress for. Some days will be hotter than others so finding that perfect balance can become more like a science. Read on for my key pieces for falling into autumn.









Boyfriend (or Girlfriend) Jeans



These are a key staple in my closet for fall. I love how loose they are and the light fabric makes them the perfect transition piece. This menswear inspired pant pairs effortlessly with everything from the girliest top and heels to a plain white tee and booties. The jeans come in many different styles and washes (my favorites are the Girlfriend Jeans from Zara) that it’s so easy to find the perfect match, no matter you style. My favorite way to wear these jeans rolled at the ankles with a black muscle tank and a cute bralet underneath to make it a more casual look. So swap out your skinnies and upgrade to this versatile bottom.

Smock Dress





I wear dresses all year round and I am always on the lookout for new additions. Now being worn outside art class, the smock dress is just right for the job. These dresses will carry that summer breeze into your fall wardrobe for those days when it’s a little too hot. When the temperatures start to dip into cooler times, adding an oversized cardigan and knee high or over the knee boots are the perfect compliments to transition this piece into the fall.


No stranger to the fashion industry as of late, loafers and oxfords find their home in the fall. These shoes have been seen on every celebrity and in every magazine for a good reason. They are so comfortable and easy to style (especially with the other articles in this post). I love the polished look that these shoes can give an outfit, even if you aren’t going that office look. I love to wear these with my boyfriend jeans because the contrast of the two different styles play off each other famously. If you haven’t invested in a pair of these shoes, I highly recommend you introduce them to your feet.

Sleeveless Blazer





This is the one layering piece that everyone needs in their closet to add that extra factor to their look. This piece can dress up the simplest tee and dress down the fanciest dress. I love to style mine buttoned up with leggings or jeans with booties and a plain tee for daytime. A night out on the town? An oversized blouse, leather leggings, a statement necklace, and those same booties does the trick for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment