Wednesday, September 10, 2014

NYFW | Day Six

Six down and one to go. It's kind of depressing. This is such an exciting time, and not to mention a great distraction from school, that I don't want it to end. If you want to read more of my recaps from this week, you can check them all out HERE





Diesel Black Gold


Music has always been the heart and soul of this denim brand. Andreas Melbostad cited such inspiration as a studded leather jacket for this collection and the result was all over bad asssery. Raw denim in red and blue shades were paired with bralets cut in every way possible. The jackets and dressing and of course the leather details were my favorite parts of the entire collection. It gave off that not taking anything too seriously vibe that I have been trying to adopt into my everyday life.

Rodarte


With so many new styles of jeans making waves, it is the opinion of some people that skinny jeans are out. Rodarte, however, has taken them and made them an essential for spring once again. Paired with blouses, sweaters, jackets, and those killer over-the-knee boots, there is nothing else that I want to wear after seeing this collection. The rest of their collection made me feel like in order to wear the styles, I would have to be a mermaid which I guess isn't the worst thing right?


Vera Wang


Born a tomboy and lover of all things black. Yes I am talking about the world's most famous wedding dress designer. Wang's latest collection was spilt into two acts, Boyish Boudoir and Baby Bohemian. Wang said that she took what she has learned from bridal design and applied it to menswear, which is very apparent in the tulle and ribbon details added to the black and grey theme of the clothing. Crystal covered tulle and of course some gorgeous dresses made their way down the runway as well. For me, the Boyish Boudoir was my favorite over the Baby Bohemian. 


Oscar de la Renta


 "There is no one on earth who makes a woman feel more beautiful then Oscar de la Renta" writes Karlie Kloss on her Instagram of a selfie with the famed designer, and I could not agree more. The looks sent down the runway for spring were definitely up to par with the femininity and grace this famous name stands behind. Classic looks featuring a-line skirts and gingham (a big trend on the runways for spring) started off the show, but we all know the best part of this show is always about the evening wear. Strapless cocktail dresses with feather stripes and gold sequin bandeaus with matching feather ball skirt were just a few looks most likely to be seen shortly on red carpets. There is no denying that this is the best of the best. I only hope that one day I can have the honor of wearing one of these iconic designs.


Only one more day! I hope you all are ready and wanting it to be spring as much as I do was we see all these designs. What were your favorites from day six? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

*Images courtesy of Google*

No comments:

Post a Comment