Friday, September 5, 2014

NYFW | Day One

Welcome back to the most wonderful time of the year for the fashion industry, New York Fashion Week. It has been so hot out I haven't been able (or wanted) to put together a look for the blog that won't get covered in sweat after stepping outside the door. I have been running around in my favorite athletic apparel, so getting to do my recaps is perfect timing. Fashion Week is the busiest week of the year when all other duties are put on hold (yes, i watch these shows in my classes, oops) in order to devote the time to viewing and dissecting next seasons trends. Keep reading for a look into my favorites from Day 1 of this monumental week. 







BCBG Max Azria




I have loved everything this brand has done over the past seasons and this one was no different. Creative Director Lubov Azria said that inspiration from this collection was drawn from those west coast girls of Cali, but with a little bit more sophistication. The crisp styles sent down the runway were more breezy and grown up with high slights, low-cut necklines, sheer sleeves, and pastel midi dresses that screamed effortless. 

Nicholas K




When the first look of the show started to come down the runway, I knew that I was going to be obsessed. The team at Nicholas K revisted work of past seasons with it’s loose layers and hoods but with a lot more darkness. As looks started to come down the runway, I couldn’t help but picture these looks on a battlefield or trudging through the jungle with the army greens and killer accessories (Those rope laced stilettos. Unstable? yes. A need? yes). All of those elements combined to create a dangerously sexy collection.

Tadashi Shoji



This show was my favorite of the day, the designs absolutely blew me away. The setting took the audience on a trip to the romantic streets of Venice with their spring collection. Luxurious lace and flowing fabrics left and right embraced pastels and a clean-cut color palette. The most stunning ethereal look of the collection was a floor length, white cape with bare midriff mesh detailing as shown above. As more looks came down the runway, it was made very clear that crop tops will not be leaving us anytime soon.


Richard Chai




Not all the shows were a pastel filled party though; bright jewel tones were taken in a bold and edgy way on Richard Chai’s runway. Bold metallics and satins styled in an uniform way that gave a new and slightly more sophisticated name to the term grunge. It was fluid with a youthful flare that played on the different characters and personalities of the people wearing the clothing. 


What were your favorites? Did anything standout to you? I would love to hear what my readers think! Check back in tomorrow and all week for even more of my Fashion Week recaps.

*Images courtesy of Google*

No comments:

Post a Comment