Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Middle Parts and High Ponys

There is always something new that I can't stop thinking about and lately I have been coveting and obsessing over these hairstyles. My hair is finally long enough to wear both of them (don't worry not at the same time) and I couldn't be more excited.







Middle Part

One of my favorite bloggers, Negin Mirsalehi, is my ultimate hair crush. She absolutely rocks the middle part look whether she has it curled or poker straight, I always look to her for hair-spiration. To create the luxurious curls, simply take a curling wand and wrap your hair around the wand toward the back of your head. Once you finish, run your fingers through your hair and voila! Perfectly soft and bouncy curls. For the straight look, you can either take a flat iron and set it to a medium-high setting and straighten your hair. If you are working with wet hair, add the flat attachment to the dryer and use a round or flat brush to style your hair with.



I mean come on, you can't deny that she has amazing hair. Negin should be everyone's hair crush.

High Ponytails

This style has been all over the place this summer and I can understand why. Keeping your hair off of your face in the heat is a no brainer. Iggy Azalea is one of the celebs that frequently wears her hair in the style and I love it. Personally, I think that this ponytail looks great with long hair so if you are like me and have hair that isn't long enough yet, you can always fake it with a track or two of extensions. 
  • To achieve this slick look, pull all of your hair up and brush it smooth and secure with an elastic at the height you want and then if you'd like, take a stand and wrap it around the hair tie. 
  • To add extensions in, you can either buy a full ponytail already done like this one by Hairuwear or individual tracks from Sally Beauty or anywhere they sell extensions. To put in the extensions take a small section of your hair into a ponytail leaving the hair around your face down. Secure with a hair tie and wrap one or two tracks of the extensions around that, clipping them in place. Then brush the rest of your hair over and secure in place and BOOM, you are ready to take the summer heat in style.












And those are only two of my many obsessions at the moment. Make sure to check back next week for another look into my most loved and coveted. Also, sound off in the comments and tell me about those styles you can't live without!

No comments:

Post a Comment