Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Style Tips | June

Is it really Style Tip time already? It seems like I was just doing this post in May and now here we are a month later and a month hotter. The summer heat is beginning to rise and with that hemlines and sleeve lengths follow, which isn't always a bad thing. Now that we've gotten into the swing of summer, let's take a peek at what I am obsessing over for the start of all the warm weather fun.




Slides: These shoes are definitely here to stay for the summer and I couldn’t be happier because I have been living in them. There are so many different styles and variations of this shoe that you cannot go wrong when going out to buy some. And the best part you ask? You can wear them with anything! They can dress up or down a look perfectly and give your feet the ability to breathe during those hot summer days. So next time you go to put on a pair of flip-flops, stop and upgrade to it’s chic sister.




Crops: No stranger to the fashion scene these past few seasons, this top is here for the long run. With endless styling options, you can’t go wrong with this staple and what better time to wear it then in a season that’s all about showing skin. Pair them with high waists of any kind or midi, maxi, and skater skirts to be cropped out for the summer.



Can you tell that I LOVE Topshop's crops?  


Slip Dress: Straight out of the 90s (just like the overalls last month), this style has been making waves recently. Everyone who is anyone is wearing one to transition into summer, well I guess not everyone but the most noteworthy of fashion celebrities are. The dress can be dressed up with heels and a blazer or down with Birkenstocks or tennies and a jean jacket. And on those really hot days, leave the jacket at home and strut your stuff.




Bold lips: I don’t think a day goes by that I don’t wear lipstick. Whether it’s a bright purple or a pale pink, I love donning my lips in fun shades. This summer in the makeup world is all about bright, stand out colors that scream look at me. Bright pinks, oranges, purples, and corals are leading the way this summer while the classic red and nude are taking the backseat, but that doesn’t mean you can't take them out to play every once in a while. I personally go for the purples and pinks more then anything else. Some of my favorite brands to get such shades from are MAC, Stila, and Maybelline just to name a few. And a tip for long wear, buy a nude lip liner to apply before the lipstick. This gives the lipstick another layer so the smudging and smearing will be minimum.





 MAC Cosmestics (in Girl About Town and Saigon Summer)
Maybelline (in Brazen Berry)
*These Stilas stay on all day and never fade away. Definitely a great investment.



*The hard part about this trend is picking the color that is right for you. I have spent many a day in the makeup isle with two reds in my hand trying to pick between them. So f you are a little more inexperienced or if this is your first time experimenting with such daring makeup, bring a friend or go to a makeup counter at the mall or visit your local MAC or Sephora and the artists there will be more then happy to help you.

Remember to check back at the beginning of each month for my monthly style tips! And if there is something that you want to see my feature feel free to let me know in the comments below!


No comments:

Post a Comment