Wednesday, May 28, 2014

The Look in the Mirror x ModCloth: Uniquely You

I was recently contacted by ModCloth to be part of their Uniquely You Campaign. For this campaign, they provided a select group of bloggers with an article of clothing and asked that we create looks using  Polyvore and articles from ModCloth. I was so excited upon receiving this email from ModCloth because I love, love, LOVE this website. The website was inspired by the love of vintage thrift shopping the founder Susan had during high school. Nowadays, vintage inspired fashion is at the forefront of the industry and people can't get enough of it or this website. Read on to see my creations for the campaign featuring the Work to Play Dress in Navy and more from the site.




The whole idea behind this campaign is showing what your personal style is all about and creating looks that reflect it, which is right up my alley. I look to the fashion of decades past frequently for inspiration and this website is perfect for feeding into that love of mine. When I looked at this dress, I immediately thought of two style icons and crushes of mine, Audrey Hepburn and Blair Waldorf.



Check out the whole look and more here

I decided to take this dress and show how you can go from day to night in this one of a kind dress. For the day time, I took the classiness that inspires me from Audrey and Blair and fused it into one look. I love wearing headbands just like Blair Waldorf and when I was browsing the website this one caught my eye. There are small hints of turquoise to compliment the color on the dress and gold is such a huge trend now that its the perfect compliment for this day look. The round sunnies are a huge trend inspired by Audrey herself and when I saw these I had to have them. Add some matching earrings and some neutral shoes and bag and you are ready to go out for the day.



Check out the whole look and more here

For the night, I chose to tap into the edgy side of my style. Still channeling Audrey and Blair, I went for the classic staple of a moto jacket to bring this look into night. My favorite part of this jacket is the studs along the lapel because I am all about anything with studs. When looking for the perfect bag, I came across this structured bag and fell in love. The gold and black details compliment the jacket perfectly and bring the perfect amount of those girl's class to the look. Complete the look with some earrings that compliment the colors and strappy summer sandals and you will look perfect for a night out on the town.

If you like what you saw here, make sure to check out ModCloth and my Polyvore Page for even more fashion inspiration and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment