Sunday, February 9, 2014

MBFW: Day 3

Day 3 of #fashionweekfromthecouch and still going strong. I tried my hardest to get this up last night but I ended up going out with my roommates so I didn't have the chance to! But never fear because I am back! As each day of fashion week goes by, my need to have all of the collections in my closet rises and today's was no exception, read on to see why.

  • Jill Stuart: This collection really made a splash in my book. It was covered in lovely beading and when I say covered, even the tights had them. The over all color scheme of the collection was more on the dark side but then was permeated by lovely berry tones in every style. And of course, there was no shortage of leather and fur.
  • Rebecca Taylor: As this collection started to come down the runway, I was overwhelmed by the most beautiful shades of blue. Being a lover of blue I couldn't take my eyes away. Along with the blue shades, there were also some plum shades that came into play with some fur accents. The collection was full of feminine staples and all of the little details made it super slick.
  • Herve Leger by Max Azria: This collection was probably one of my favorites of the day. The silhouettes were much more structured and body con was popular throughout the collection. There were quite a few corset accents throughout the entire collection which was absolutely stunning. Overall, the collection was stunning in dark tones of black and lavish navy accompanied by lots of detailed beading.
  • Monique Lhuillier: My all time favorite gown designer, this collection did not disappoint. She combined lots of lace and fringe with tulle and metallics to create a very romantic feeling with apparent undertones of darkness. Although the designs dwelled in dark colors, the light and airy romantics made appearances more often then none.
  • Tibi: My other favorite collection of the day, I had so many outfit ideas swirling in my head it was unbelievable. Tibi has always been know as the ultimate in street style pieces and came through with that again today. There was no shortage of oversized blazers, sweaters and color blocking as far as the eye could see with this semi-minimalistic collection.
  • Mara Hoffman: Inspired by all things tribal, these looks brought some new ideas to the runway. Although there was a very strong care free, bohemian feel, sharp top coats contrasted these looks and gave them a whole new look. The prints in the collection were very graphic and textured but there was still a grown up look vibe given off throughout the whole show.




Remember to keep tweeting me with the hashtag #fashionweekfromthecouch with more of your thoughts!! See you soon for another recap of Fashion Week.




No comments:

Post a Comment