Friday, February 7, 2014

MBFW: Day 2

Welcome to the second installment of #fashionweekfromthecouch. Being in class all day and not being able to watch these shows live has been torture and there were some fab shows today which only made it worse. I go on Instagram and see all the fabulous pictures and all I want to do is curl up and watch. Now that the weekend has come, I can do just that. Keep reading for reviews of my top runway picks.

  • Rebecca Minkoff: Starting off strong with my reviews, this was one of my favorite shows of day two. Her entire collection was full of pastels, pinstripes and minimalistic tones, which are some of my favorite trends. Some of my favorite elements of the collections were the metallics that were shown in the looks toward the end. When they were paired with the other trends that I mentioned above, they looked beyond perfect. I just want the entire collection in my closet now.
  • Kate Spade: I was so excited to see that Kate had to offer because it is one of my favorite brands (she always makes my phone look fab). A lot of this collection was inspired by the bright lights and colors of Tokyo and did not fall short. The looks of this collection had items that could be easily transitioned from the office to the party in a snap. I am a big fan of navy blue and there was a huge concentration on this color in the collection which i had no complaints about.
  • Peter Som: This collection ruffled quite a few feathers on social media today. This was one of the most stand out runways of the day for me. The silhouettes were slightly unstructured but it was the patterns and feathered details that made the looks stand out. The floral used in this collection had a blurred look, and honestly I did a double take because I thought I was seeing things. And did I mention there were feathers on feathers on feathers?
  • Jason Wu: The understated sex appeal of Jason Wu returned to the runway with 90s inspired flair. This collection had no shortage of black satin in every form, especially in dresses with exposed backs. Oversized silk jackets also stole the show with fur and velvet accents.
  • Rag and Bone: This collections showed us that chocolate brown is the new black in very shape and form. The feel that I got from this collection was very retro with all the embroidered bomber jackets and shirts. One of the items that I can't seem to forget about were the stand out red boots…basically perfection. 


That's all for #fashionweekfromthecouch for today. Remember to keep checking back all week for more and to tweet me using the hashtag to tell me your thoughts on all things fashion week.





No comments:

Post a Comment