Thursday, February 6, 2014

MBFW: Day 1

Welcome to #fashionweekfromthecouch! Today kicked off one of the most wonderful times of the year, New York Fashion Week. Seeing all the runway shows and street style pictures are making me long to be walking through the Lincoln Center with all the other big names in the industry. But, alas, I have to watch from the comfort of my couch, which I guess isn't the worst thing right? There were some great shows today and we have just scratched the surface. Read on for my reviews of some of my favorite shows of the day and for some serious coat envy.


  • BCGB Max Azria: This runway show was hands down my favorite show of the day. Fur, deco geometric motifs, and color blocked panels dominated the collection, and when I say dominated, I mean it. The whole collection was very luxurious looking with fluid fabrics, oversized coats and capes, and lots of neutral colors. One of the most beautiful of the collection, besides all the coats and all the fur, was a combination of the icy grays, blues, and every color in between. 
  • Richard Chai: Another top rated in my book was the show to follow up BCBG. Dark muted colors came down the runway in the form of dark floral prints that had a lacy look, stripes, and lots and lots of plaid. Leather accents and fur brought a sporty look to the collection and sequin detailing made it all the better. 
  • Creatures of the Wind: Named CFDA Vogue Fashion Fund runner-up winner in 2011, this collection did not disappoint. I did not know too much about the brand going into the show but I came out of it loving everything about it. Floor length coats, velvet dresses, capes, and natural looking metallic patterns with butterflies galore fluttered down the runway. The most striking of the show was the floor length, wool, mint green skirt. It was like nothing I have ever seen before, and I think many others in the industry would agree.
  • Creatures of Comfort: The second of the creature brands to walk down the runway, this brand inspired the most coat envy of all. Loose silhouettes, monochromatic tones, and oversized styles of everything strutted their stuff down the catwalk. One of my favorite trends in the collection was all of the different style of plaid. There were different styles, sizes and colors to these plaids and I, being a lover of all things plaid, was all about it.



There you have it! One day down, six more days of fashion to go! Make sure to check back here daily for recaps of all my favs. Remember to tweet me your thoughts using the hashtag #fashionweekfromthecouch all week!



No comments:

Post a Comment